- I am a problem solver who thrives in a collaborative environment.
- I have a decade and a half of professional web design and production experience, hand-coding in HTML/XHTML and CSS since 1995, while continually keeping up to date with changing standards.
- I have expert skills in theming and launching WordPress 3.X-based websites.
- I have expert skills in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat, and have designed a wide variety of publications for print.
- I am excellent at proofreading, writing, editing, and other detailed work.
- I have working-level proficiency with Flash, as well as audio & video production for the web.
University of Wisconsin-Madison, Bachelor's Degree with Distinction, 1998. 3.744 GPA. Double major in Political Science & Art (Graphic Design concentration).
California League of Conservation Voters, Oakland, California.
September 2008 - present. Full-time.
- Design and maintain Drupal-based CLCV website.
- Design and maintain Wordpress-based CLCV Education Fund website.
- Maximized return on investment during CLCV site redesign process by organizing content and working with consultants to specify design and content needs.
- Saved CLCV Education Fund thousands of dollars by designing and executing new website without the use of any outside vendors.
- Design and produce a multitude of printed materials using Adobe InDesign.
- Design on-screen graphics for events using Flash and Keynote/PowerPoint.
- Shoot and edit video for web use.
- Manage relationships with a variety of vendors, including freelance designers, printers, communications consultants, and web developers.
- Manage a variety of projects, including the organization's flagship publication, the California Environmental Scorecard, since 2006.
- Launched organization's social media efforts (Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
July 2005 - September 2008. Full-time.
- Improved the design, content, and timeliness of the California Environmental Scorecard.
- Wrote and edited content for the Scorecard and Groundswell, the organization's semi-annual newsletter.
- Designed and created content for website and e-newsletter.
- Added a blog and video/audio podcasts to the website.
- Created and documented project management processes.
- Wrote and edited content for the website and collateral materials.
October 2002 - June 2005. Part- to full-time.
- Maintained and redesigned organization's web site.
- Designed and wrote organization's e-newsletter.
- Wrote and edited action alerts, fundraising letters, and web content.
- Recruited new members and activated existing members over the phone.
Brainwash Movie Festival, Oakland, California.
October 2004-October 2011. Part-time.
- Shared responsibility for all operations of the festival with one other partner.
- Served as one of three festival judges and made programming decisions.
- Designed and maintained WordPress-based festival website.
- Designed, produced, and wrote copy for the festival's collateral material (fliers, programs, newspaper ads, t-shirts, etc.).
- Assisted in producing and editing video trailers for the festival.
- Wrote speeches for the festival M.C. and content for festival trailers and original content.
Minnesota Department of Natural Resources, St. Paul, Minnesota.
August 2000 - August 2002. Full-time.
- Redesigned and maintained the web presence of a high-profile state agency.
- Created and implemented up-to-date & accessible production standards.
- Served as Vice-President and President of union local (MAPE Local 0101).
MPIRG (MN Public Interest Research Group), Minneapolis, Minnesota.
December 1999 - July 2000. Full-time.
- Canvassed Twin Cities residents for fundraising and political action.
- Redesigned organization's web site.
HBG New Media, Madison, Wisconsin.
January 1998-October 1999. Full-time.
- Led production on many web sites for various clients.
- Served as a key liaison between design, production, and technical staff.
- Used state-of-the art techniques to faithfully convert Photoshop layouts into HTML code and images.
- Designed comprehensive layouts and participated in client and creative meetings.
Academic Resources and Computers in Housing (ARCH), UW-Madison.
Staff Consultant/Projects Specialist
January 1994 - May 1998. Part-time.
- Designed and coded 1997-98 version of computer/academic centers' web site.
- Planned and conducted software and academic training sessions.
- Provided technical support and campus referrals to students.
Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration, UW-Madison.
April 1997 - November 1997. Full-time.
- Designed and coded Student Orientation Programs website.
- Introduced new students & their parents to the UW throughout the summer.
- Active in East Bay for Democracy (Democracy for America) from 2003 to 2007.
- Volunteered for Environmental Victory Project, October/November 2004;
Howard Dean campaign, New Hampshire, January 2004; Nader, 2000.
- Served as California state Democratic Party delegate (Member, State Central Committee), 2004-2008.
Wisconsin High School Model United Nations (WHSMUN)
March 1994 - March 1998. Volunteer.
- Coordinated staff recruitment for an annual conference held by the Institute of World Affairs at UW-Milwaukee
- Trained college students in parliamentary procedure and conference rules
- Chaired meetings of 15-600 high school students
Available upon request.